We are currently two engineers, Valentin and Basile, working on every side of the business in Paris. We spent more than a year developing codecs and we now want to use our knowledge to build the best transcoding cloud option for customers. We are now surrounded by experts in every field of the business.
We value technique over anything else.
Be part of an incredible adventure
If you share our mission of making video streaming more sustainable, you are what we are looking for. The road is long and filled with obstacles, but we are determined to overcome any problem ahead of us.
We look for curiosity more than expertise
We believe anyone can learn anything if the will is strong enough. Being an expert might be a plus, but in order to revolutionize any business we need to have the right mix of critical thinking, hindsight and optimism.
Build an open-sourced library
The work you’ll be in charge of is to build a library of tools that would mix video processing, machine learning and algorithmic in order to improve the encoding speed and efficiency.
The job will consist of rebuild techniques used in the industry, for instance this one, put them in open-source and go further with in-house approaches.
The main features of this library are:
- Video clusterization: find the right spot to cut the videos into segments
- Chunk aggregation: assemble already encoded video chunks back into the final video
- Parameter optimisation research: find the right parameters to get the highest compression for the minimum quality-loss
We started by creating a new type of codec based on deep learning, and we plan to continue its development long-term, therefore the techniques around encoding are what we care about the most.
- Build a test platform for video coding with recent objective and subjective metrics
- Research and test the most promising techniques to improve on video coding
- Imagine and develop new methods to improve it further
- Work with the backend team to deploy your work on the service
We are open to any type of collaboration
If you prefer to become an active freelancer dedicated to the project, an employee, an employee with shares or even in exceptional cases become a co-founder with us, we will adapt to your situation. Whatever works the best for you.
Remote work is something we are familiar with and open to.